If you are not taking advantage of our graphic design services, all you have to do is follow these print file guidelines:
- Provide a PDF print-ready file 1 up to size
- The file should be provided as grayscale or CMYK not RGB
- If there is bleed, the file size should be .125 larger on all four sides, without a white border or crop marks
- Leave a .25” margin between the cut edge and type or borders (for business cards .188 margin is workable)
- Resolution should be at least 150 DPI size, ideally 300 DPI or more.
We will preflight your files for production and ensure that what we produce matches your expectations.
How should provided print files be prepared?
- 1 up to size if there is no bleed
- If there is bleed, 1 up to size with .125 extra image on all four sides with no extra white borders. No crop marks are needed.
- Printer spreads, not reader spreads, or 1 up to size
How do I send files?
- You can upload files of any size under the “File Upload” tab on our website
- We will receive an email notification of your upload and then follow up with you
What kind of files are accepted?
- PDF, packaged or embedded Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop files, Microsoft Word (Word is not stable from computer to computer, so it should only be used for provided text)
Should my provided print files be CMYK or RGB?
- CMYK for full color
- If various colors, provide as PMS colors
- Please make sure that your black for design elements is a rich black, and b/w should be K black.
What is bleed?
- The extra .125 on all four sides of a background image or text that extends past the cut
- This allows for the hairline of movement in print and cutter draw when the final print is cut. This way, the image is all the way to the edge of the finished sheet side
What is margin?
- The area between the cut and the text or border on a page
- Normally, it’s .25, but it can be cheated to .188 on business cards if necessary
- Due to the hairline of movement in print and cutting, your eye will not notice the movement of .25 or more
What papers are stocked in house? (Ask for a free stock sample book)
- 20#, 60#, 70# white and colors
- 67# Vellum Bristol white and colors
- 110# index white and colors
- 80#, 100#, 120# Lynx Cover white
- 80#, 100# coated 2 sides text
- 80#, 100# coated 2 sides cover
- 10, 12, 14, 16 PT Coated 1 Side Cover
- 10, 12, 14, 16 PT Coated 2 Sides Cover
- 105# Pearl Metallic Cover
- 2, 3, 4, 5 Part Carbonless
- 100# Wildflower Seed Paper
- 11 pt. Magnet Material
- #10 Regular and Window Envelopes
- #9 and 6 ¾ Regular Envelopes
- #10 Regular and Window Self Seal Envelopes
- #10 Regular and Window Security Tint Envelopes
- A2, A6, A7 Envelopes
- 9x12, 10x13 Booklet and Catalog Envelopes
- Label Sheets from .25” x 1” to 12” x 18”
What book binding options are available?
- Saddle stitch
- Saddle Stitch with square back
- double wire
- perfect binding
- hard cover books
Please contact us below.